Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: IML: exhaust manifold studs for chrysler Big Block 413

If you cannot get a broken stud, anyone, I have removed them with ease from a simple tool. A Dremel tool. I use a disc cutter and carefully make an even, straight slot across the broken stud and try to not cut the block as the iron will cut easy. Use a disc almost the size of the blade of a stubby screwdriver. Sometimes it will come out easy. If not, I then use a vise grips on the blade of the screwdriver and it will help twist is off. For those cars in the salted areas of the world, I have never had to remove one of those as salt here is for food, not roads. So, good luck, joe machado
   ps, the studs should be the same for a 440, but not the magnum engines with the high rise manifolds. They use a nut that is longer and is hollow to be installed over the stud in the head.