Re: IML: mobile director

Mine is a 67 in haze green like the brochure.  I wrote an article about it on a Long Island NY web site www.liclassiccars.com/Newsletter  go to archives for March 05.  I was always fascinated by the MDO feature and used to stare at that page in the 67 brochure when I was a kid. I would run up to 67/68 Crown Coupes at shows and would be disappionted if it was not a MDO car.  I think I only saw one at a show.  I took mine to Carlisle once and it was overlooked for the most part, even with the Imperial Club there in full force.  I even have a personal plate TABLECAR.  The lamp is a tough item to find.  I ask at shows and most people don't know what I'm talking about.  It never fails that someone nearby overhears and tells me his friend just got one for $5.00.  I got a lead on one but he wants $1,000.  I am not looking to get extorted, especially because the car only cost me $5,500 4 years ago. If you want to chat more, my cell # is 516 589-4026  Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Billimp68@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 5:26 pm
Subject: Re: IML: question

Steve,

What year MDO do you have, 67 or 68?  I have a 68, but am also missing the reading lamp.  Wayne Maddox, a parts supplier from Colorado, has a MDO, and he made a lamp for it, but I can't recall the materials he used.  Wayne is listed by the IOC as a parts supplier, so you can get his phone number or addresses there.

I would like to hear more about your car, mine was from California, is charcoal gray with a black interior.

Bill/Imp, 68's

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.