80s Imp door weather stripping

Hi,

Been catching up on some old digest e-mails from January, and there was a
thread about 80s Imp rubber door weather stripping.  Someone asked if the
Cordoba/Mirada strips are the same.

It is my experience that they are NOT.  From what I have observed, the Imps
and Cordobas/Miradas share, hoods, front fenders, windshield and doors.  I do
not think too many other exterior parts interchange.

The opera windows on the Imps stick out over the doors by about 3/4 inch or
so.  The correct weather stripping has a nicely rounded cutout to allow for
this. (I noticed it on that FS Edition I looked at, right after I bought
mine.)

Unfortunately, my 83 has (what I assume to be) Cordoba-type door strips with
hand-cut (read roughly hacked-out) notches in them.  I didn't realize this
when I bought the car.

(BTW any one got good ones for me?)  *-)

Anyway  . . .

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

'83 Imp, beige, wire wheels,