Steering Pump Rebuild

I was just researching this piece of work myself, this morning. Here are my
results: my local NAPA does NOT do this work, neither do they do power brake
boosters. Steers and Gears, a shop here in Columbus, OH, quoted me $160 to
replace the gaskets on a 5 1/2 inch wide pump, or $125 on the smaller
version. I believe my '66 Crown Coupe has the larger one. He also said he
could replace the guts, using the same gear box, to make my car steer "much
more like today's cars: not so floaty." He said that even it would appear
stock from the outside. The cost to do this work was $265, and the price was
the same to open the box and refurb the existing guts.

Personally, I like the light, floaty touch of the steering on my '66. It
matches the suspension feel!

chris