Info about Henkel's

Quint,
Henkel's did not charge me by the hour, rather by the job. They did my leather
(that I got from SMS) for a fee per seat (front and back). I believe it was
$600 per seat. I could be wrong, I don't have the receipts in front of me. They
had my car for almost two weeks. Long time? Maybe. But it seems that there's
only one guy, Jim, who does all the work with an assistant. Worth the wait?
Absolutely. Worth the price? Are you kidding? Ten hours of work @ $65/hour is
already $650! I'm sure each seat was a great deal.
They also redid my carpet. They had carpet that was very close to the original;
thick pile, very soft. It wasn't exact, but it looks great. For this they
charged me a flat rate. I think it was like $300. Since it wasn't original, I
had them also redo the carpeting on the bottom of the door panels to match. $80
a door. As far as the headliner is concerned, I did it myself (mostly). I
couldn't get the side panels right, they were way too loose, Henkels did it
right with some material I had left over from the rear window panel. For that
they only charged me $25 per panel. Man, that seemed low, but they look great.
I did hang the headliner myself. It came from SMS stitched and ready to hang.
Not an easy endeavour, but one I succeeded in, with limited success. Henkel's
fixed what I screwed.
All in all, Henkel's did a great job. Like tattoos, you're not gonna get good
work unless you pay for it, unless you have a friend or relative willing to do
the work for less. Jim, the guy who seemingly does all the work there, is a
lover of old cars. That's always a plus. My interior has the vertical pleats
which are quite deep. Many other places told me they would "try to" get it like
that, but didn't promise. Jim knew exactly what needed to be done, and he did
it. Right.
Enough said.
John.
1965 Le Baron.
Henkel's 626-796-4389
If you want to know exact prices, let me know, I'll find my receipt. Just keep
in mind that that was MY price. You're price may be different. They look at the
car and give you a price, like in the old days (I imagine).

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.