Source for '59 steering column bearing

There should be a bracket under the dash to hold the column in place.  It sounds like it is either loose or didn't get put back.With that bracket in place, it would not be possible to move side to side.
John
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Source for '59 steering column bearing

I would like to thank those who sent a reply to my quest to fix my steering problem. I believe the problem is near the top of the steering column somewhere close to the base of the wheel. I recently had the steering box replaced, and from the wobble I believe something has given way near the top of the column. The wheel is also able to be pulled out slightly toward the driver. This is not just a slight wobble, but I am able to move the wheel from side to side about six inches, which is why I think it is a bearing or bushing of some sort, and not related to any of the suspension or lower steering areas. The car is also running on fairly new radial tires. I was able to locate a shop called Steering Columns Galore, but it was too late to call today, so I will try them tomorrow.

Bill '59 Crown