'65 Crown FDHT sighting in Mobile, AL

Hi Everybody!

I was driving today on a road I haven't been on in some weeks.  Lo and behold to my left was a white '65 Crown FDHT with a for sale sign in the window.  The road is very busy (four lanes plus an emergency lane in the center) and I was pulling a pretty large utility trailer so I pulled into the center lane and put on my emergency flashers.

The car was in need of a total redo but was worth the time it took to pull over and take a look.  They actually had the original dealer's window sticker in a clear plastic envelope of sorts taped to the window.  The car was sold by a Chrysler dealership in the River Oaks part of Houston, TX.  I wonder if that dealership is still there?

The list of options was fairly long (leather, AM/FM with rear speaker and, get this, dual air!  On the sticker, it was designated the car was a lease car, yet it had dual air.  That option alone was $649 (list) in '65!

With the destination charge included, the bottom line for this four door white with black leather interior Crown was $7,244!  That was a pretty expensive Crown in '65!

The owner's were asking $3,750 for the car!  In the condition it is in, I'd say they need to get a reality check!

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible (still off at school!)