Play In Steering Column

> Hello Eric,
> It is not a thug sound I get, and I believe it has nothing to do
> with the steering box since the problem is so far away from it, and near
> the top of the column. Many have replied that the problem is in the steering

Bill:
   I have a '59 Column in the shed.  I'll drag it out this weekend and pull it
apart for you and send some pics.  I imagine that you are correct in thinking
that the bearin at the top of the column has come apart.  If I can get the one
out of this column without damaging it you are welcome to it.

               Steve B.