some more '82 questions.

Hey Dick,

All my brake fluid comes in plastic containers, but they are probably OK for
gas. Maybe I'll fill one and then stick it in a bigger Tupperware. Even
carried in the trunk I've had it stink up the rest of the car.

My transmission is OK, but definitely needs servicing. I agree that I have
plenty of work to do before I get to that.  Just like the headliner. I can't
put the sun visors down or it's around my ears.

The car has a stock exhaust, but seems to have a very minor leak or it will
be in need of a muffler soon. It sounds kind of throaty for 140 hp and there
is a tiny hiss when you're heavy on the gas that sounds like an exhaust
leak.  I doubt this is the source of any of my problems.

The car also didn't stall on a hard right turn. It ran fine, but the gas
gauge took a dive to the tune of 3-4 gallons worth.

My schedule is to check the starter out, replace all rubber fuel hoses,
clamps and filters.  If that doesn't fix it I probably have a control pump
problem. I've been told that cleaning that pump might solve my problem.
Hope I it doesn't come to that.

Rob

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups – now 2 months
FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/