engine troubles

Have you done a compression test?

Also, what test are you doing to determine that numbers 7 & 8 are dead? How do
you know that they are getting spark? Have you taken the plugs out and seen
that they have been firing? If they still look brand spanking new, they haven't
fired. If they are firing, then there could be a valve problem, piston problem,
cracked casting, or broken head gasket. These would show up as very low or no
compression on those cylinders.

If there is a cracked head or cylinder block, you may see bubbles and/or oil in
the radiator, or even a loss in coolant while the engine is running. There
could also be coolant in the crank case. A blown head gasket could also cause
these things.

Broken pistons and burned valves have other unmistakable symptoms all their own.

Paul