Lynch
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 8:17 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Smoke on the Dashboard

Guys, I'm a little freaked out here. As I wrote a few days ago, I've been
driving my '66 Coupe even though the tranny is slipping a bit, because my
daily beater is down, and I want my '66 to be my daily driver. This morning,
driving to work, I noticed faint smoke collecting between the dash and the
windshield on the passenger side. Although it was cold enough to see my
breath, I was driving with only the radio on: no heater, no lights. The
smoke had a faint smell; so faint I could not tell if it was from rubber or
electrical wiring. After I parked, I put my hand up under the dash as far as
I could, but detected no heat or other signs of trouble. I popped the hood
and all was well. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?? If my wiring harness melts or
the engine catches fire I'm in deep doo-doo. Anyone had similar experiences?