Re: IML: Instant heat conditionaire

We had a '56 (in 1956) with that type of heater and it was great.

There have been posts worry warting about the safety of these units. I flew a Piper Aztec for 16 years with essentially the same kind of heater (the manufacturer of that heater also supplied some of Chrysler's) and had zero problems with it. There was an airworthiness directive covering some of them that required overhaul after so many flight hours, but I don't think anyone ever fell out of the sky.

Of course fuel consumption is quite important for all aircraft. I had a Hoskins fuel flow meter and could never see any difference because of the heater operation.  Properly maintained they should be reliable. I wish I had one on my current '56.

Gary Kitterman
'56 C-73 "Babe"