Re: IML: Smoke on Dash equals Heater Coil leak

Re: IML: Smoke on Dash equals Heater Coil leak

I would be interested to know more about that experimental engine. Is there any information on it at the UOT website?
As far as the "train loads" of mud are concerned, the product that I refer to contains maybe two cubic inches of powder in the package. It is something you try and if it doesn't work start tearing things down and do a real repair. I wouldn't doubt that if you dumped "train loads" of it in a cooling system some problems would occur. As far as needing to clean your coolant bucket with acetone, I do not dispute that such a measure would be necessary if there are "train loads" of the stuff used and exposed to the air because that is how it seals. However, under normal circumstances, using the product in a manner in which it is prescribed, it is not in any great quantity nor is it exposed to any air in a closed cooling system.

Roy