IML: Happy New Year, Imperial style!

With our beautiful clear (COOOOLD!) weather lately, I finally got Lucille out of her stable for a little running time - after three months of waiting for dry (ish) pavement, she was more than ready to get out and go! I just can't believe how great these big cars are to drive, nothing like a pasted-on grin from ear to ear - and all the neck-snapping attention she gets is fun, too! Every Dodge-truck-drivin' guy in the area (and there are a LOT of them here) turns green when he sees her and hears that 440. What really gets them going is when they wait around to see if she's going to start - and she catches and roars to life on half a revolution (eeeevil snicker!). I love it, I really do.

A quick run to the hardware in Monroe, then a brisk breeze on Hwy2  to Sultan to the feed store and another envious Dodge driver ogling her bright golden paint. Alas, work to be done, so we have to tuck her back into her stall - soft ground in one spot across the lawn below the cottage - does anyone know what the code is for the limited slip rear end in these years? She sure acts as though she has one!

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier