Re: [FWDLK] Undercoating

I believe you just can't go past POR-15 as a rust preventative and
paint. It truly can be brushed on and leave a sprayed looking finish.
And get this-I once had a half pint tin of POR-15 black that was not
sealed as well as it should have been after I used it previously. A few
weeks later I went to use some more. Took the cap off and discovered a
skin over the top, but the paint was still liquid underneath when I
shook the can. After trying the usual ways of getting the skin off the
liquid, I began to attempt to break the skin usin a pointed blade
screwdriver on the skin, and then whacking the end of the screwdiver as
hard as I could with a big hammer. Didn't even MARK the surface! Then
left it on the bar and got friends to have a go with the hammer and
screwdiver when they came around. Never did get to break the skin! Had
to open the base of the tin with a can opener to use the rest of the
contents. Now that is tough!! That's the paint for me!
(PS. I have no affiliations with the suppliers of POR-15.)
Glenn,
57 Fury.