[FWDLK] other stuff on engines:

Hey guys - Let me make something a little clearer, the oil passages I was
referreing to regarding no oil to the rockers are located in the cylinder
head (BIG BLOCKS), after I read the letter, it sounded like I said they
were in the block.  While I'm doing this - here's another:  you should
always replace the oil pump drive bushing during a rebuild - both big &
small blocks.  Most machine shops do NOT have the proper tools to do this.
The Chrysler (Miller) tool installs the bushing, and upon the removal of
the tool, it reams the bushing to the proper size.  A lot of the bushings
that came in the block are aluminum (replacements are bronze - as are a
some of the originals), and we all know what happens to aluminum in a hot
tank!  If your shop does not have the Chrysler tool, (I've never seen one
that did) you should be able to borrow one from a dealer (you DO have a pal
who works at a dealership don't you?) - well, maybe not.  Anyway, you
should be able to take your block to your local friendly dealer, and (for a
small fee of course) get one of the techs to come out in the parking lot
and put it in for you. (He should jump at the chance to put one in without
fighting the hood, firewall, intake manifold, wiring, fuel lines, and
everything else that's in the way in a Dakota truck!).  By the way - ALL
dealers (at least who sell trucks) will have this tool, since the Magnum
V6's developed a habit of EATING the oil pump drive gear & bushing in 92 -
trust me, they have done a lot of them, and yes - the part is the same.
#1737725 - I think it's been the same since '55.  Don't forget to check
your shaft for excessive wear.  DaveG.