[FWDLK] Paint questions

Your input on paints was very helpful as I've got the '55 DeSoto hemi
rebuilt and I'm ready to start on the paint.  I do have a couple of
questions:

[1]    What prep and paint do you use to get the crinkled finish on the
dashboard?  I think it's different on DeSoto than Plymouth.

[2]    The local shops say that unless they do the prep they won't stand
behind the paint.  Since the car is 98% rust free and the paint is just dull
I'm inclined to have them go ahead. Comments?

[3]    Is there a paint company that stocks the grey/blue trunk color?  I am
going to shoot  the trunk and inner fenders myself.

[4]    What's the best rust converting paint [for surface rust on the
floorboards] and does it really work?

[5]    [another engine question!!!]  What's the correct color for the spark
plug covers?  I scraped black off and found body color underneath...that
can't be right.  I've seen and heard black with red letters and silver with
black and red letters.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster