Re: [FWDLK] Paint questions

[1]What prep and paint do you use to get the crinkled finish on the
dashboard?  I think it's different on DeSoto than Plymouth.....Don't
know. My buddy with the 58 wants to know that too.

[2]The local shops say that unless they do the prep they won't stand
behind the paint.  Since the car is 98% rust free and the paint is just
dull I'm inclined to have them go ahead. Comments? Yep. Would be worth
paying them the small charge for prep (If it is as good as you say), in
order to get the warranty. Don't know what it's like where you are, but
down here, you damn near have to have video evidence to get people to
stand by their crappy work sometimes.

[3]Is there a paint company that stocks the grey/blue trunk color? I am
going to shoot  the trunk and inner fenders myself. I ended matching
mine up to the underside of the parcel tray where the paint sees no
light, and painted it myself. Inner fenders apparently are
black/underseal/sound deadener.

[4]    What's the best rust converting paint [for surface rust on the
floorboards] and does it really work? Depends who you ask. I stick to
POR-15 Black, and have had some amazing results. Be sure and follow all
their instructions, using all their other prep products-Marine Clean,
Metal Ready etc, and sand well. Did my interior floor, and also the
floor of my trunk (until I find a trunk mat), and the inner fenders. I
have a choice pic of this if you want it sent.

[5][another engine question!!!]  What's the correct color for the spark
plug covers? Don't know.

Glenn.