Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Plymouth hood

Hi All,
   Well, I'll throw my two cents worth in here..

   I had a similar problem with my '63 Plymouth.  The problem got worse when I
installed the aluminum hood, so I began looking for weaker springs.  I finally
ended up cutting down some garage door springs and forming a new eye on one
end, that allowed sufficient tension to hold the hood open, but allowed it to
be closed without having to walk around the car and push both corners down!

   For what it's worth,

Steve Charette
(Alias Rube Goldburg, purveyor of cheesy hood spring fixes)