[FWDLK] Import DeSotos

I found this interesting web page with pictures of 1955, 1959, and
1960 DeSotos.  These are obviosly imported models, but where were
these probably sent.  I assume Canada did not get these, only the
overseas market?  Please, someone share your knowledge on these cars.

The 1955 DeSoto appears to be a Plymouth body with DeSoto styling
influences.

The 1959 DeSoto seems to be a Plymouth body with DeSoto metal in front
of the A-pillars.

The 1960 DeSoto has both the Fireflite that the U.S. market knows, and
a Diplomat that is a Dodge with a DeSoto-style color-sweep.  Weird!  I
am surprised how different these cars are.  And why has it taken this
long for me to learn this?  Neat web page.

The site is:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/5660/desoto.html

-Robert
-'60 Adventurer