Re: [FWDLK] FUBAR ?

In a message dated 12/9/98 11:48:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, Ronbo97@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< What the hell is a FUBAR ?  Is it like a SNAFU, or is it one of those toys
 that every kid wants to get for Christmas ? >>

Yes, a FUBAR is very much like a SNAFU, in that the article in question is
Beyond All Repair.

I learned a valuable lesson about these colorful acronyms a few years ago,
when I used the term "FUGLY" in from of my very devout wife.  She adopted the
term into her daily vocabulary, and one Holiday, while at her parents, one of
the older relatives (I believe it was the Nun) asked what exactly FUGLY was.
After my wife re-directed the question to me, and since I had the undivided
attention of everyone in the room, I calmly explained that FUGLY was simply an
expression meaning "Just Plain Ugly".

Talk about a situation that was FUBAR!!!

Steve