Re: [FWDLK] Question for Jack Lewis

This has turned into an interesting topic!  Not to dispute Tom Van Beek's
 comment about all '56 Fury's being
built in Detroit, but my Service Manual has two items that contradict.  1) It
 states all P29 ('56 Plym V-8s)
with serial #s(VIN) beginning with 15,873,001 were built in Detroit, Evansville
 Serial #s start with
22,247,001.  ALL '56 Furys have VINs of 222 or 223XXXXX , with the earliest
 Furys starting at 22,
27X,XXX.  2)  All '56 Fury body #s are 404-E-XXXX, E for Evansville.  With over
 85 '56 Furys in the
registration with Body numbers ranging from the earliest to the latest in the
 4485 vehicle run, none show as
Detroit or Los Angeles (VINS beginning with 26,552,001 for P29s).  Was Chrysler
 trying to trick us, or is
the "exception" that proves the rule?!  Don't know, guess we'd have to find a
 surviving Chrysler employee of
that time who was in the "know".

Also talked with Tom Mitchell regarding our first GFS Nats in Aug '99, last
 night and ran by him the '58 issue
again.  He still insists '58 Fury's built at all locations.  His Fury purchased
 from original owner with original
documentation, etc and his is a LP2L for Los Angeles.  Car was purchased new in
 California as well.

Don't know if any of this helps or muddies the water more.  Again, we probably
 need that "Survivor" for the
real scoop.

Jack Lewis
Golden Fin Society