[FWDLK] Hmmmm... I did not know this...

From:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/5660/desoto.html

"De Soto (US) 1928-1960.  Chrysler Motors Corp., Detroit, Mich."

"Introduced in 1928 as a make to compete with Oldsmobile, Pontiac and
Nash. Chrysler's problems in the late 50s resulted in the De Soto
division being merged with Pontiac. The last De Soto was the 1961
model."

How about that...  I guess that's why Pontiac has a bit of class, eh??
=)))))

-Dave