[FWDLK] Insurance

Since it's almost new year, I'll toss this out. Actually it has nothing to
do with new year, but it sounded like a good way to start off a sentence.

What do you people do for insurance on your cars.
For the first 5 years or so, I just had liability on my Plym through my
regualar car insurance. I kept looking around and every company I talked to
had mileage limits and also said I had to be going to and from shows or the
occasional pleasure drive.
Also, the car could not be left unattended unless at a show.

To me, that kind of insurance was useless as all my driving was pleasure.
Sometimes I'll take the car to the store or the movies, etc.

This summer, I found a company called Haggerty Classic Insurance.
Their advertisement reads "unlike other companies limit you to mileage and
travel to and from shows, we are not that company"

Their stipulations are the car has to be stored in a locked garage.
They have an agreed/stated value policy with $0 depreciation. My Plym is
insured for $5000. It it will never depreciate. If something happens to it,
I get to pick who will fix it including myself. I can drive the car anywhere
I want. On the application I put 5000 miles a year,pleasure only, no shows
and 1000 miles being for vacation use. Also, my cars are not store at my
house. It was not a problem. If I remember correctly, the deductible is $0
also, or it may be something very small.

Another thing I liked about them is if you have 2 cars, they only charge you
one time liability since the owner can't drive two cars at the same time.

Anyway, I have a 56 Savoy insured for $5000 and a 53 belair insured for
$7000. And my bill is $208 a year.

They will also insure modified vehicles as long as you tell them what
modifications you've done or are planning to do. You can also insure work in
progress cars.

I have no affiliation with this company, I was just happy to find a company
that will let me drive my car when I want. I can't give an opinion on filing
claims, etc because I've never had to file one and hopefully never will.

Happy New year.

Nick