From:   Dave Stragand[SMTP:dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 30, 1998 10:47 PM
To:     tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [FWDLK] Franklin Mint "Christine" Model & '59 Sport Fury Conv.'sFor Sale

Thanks to Jim Wilson and Daniel Andersson who pointed a Franklin Mint
engineer my way,  F.M. will be coming to visit me next week to model the
"Christine" scale model after MY car!  Hooray!!!  =)

I talked on the phone with the engineer for quite a while.  They'll be
taking some photos ("around 300 or so") and sitting through my "Plymouth
Class"... during which they'll learn the differences between the 1957
Fury, the 1958 Fury, the 1958 Belvedere, and "Christine".  This should
be fun!

What should be more fun, is the fact that "The Duchess" has neither
radiator nor battery at present.   They said they're quite accustomed to
pushing cars around for photos.  Oh well.  Hopefully I'll be able to
patch things together quickly enough to move her around for the photo
shoot anyway.  I'm also going to try and gently push them to make a '58
Fury and/or Belvedere model...

Does anyone know whose car the '57 Fury model was modeled after?

-Dave

PS - There was someone looking for a '59 Sport Fury convertible... there
are 2 listed in Old Car Trader this month.  If you need the details,
just drop me a line.