Re: [FWDLK] Saratogas and other similar Mopars.

Re: [FWDLK] Saratogas and other similar Mopars.

Phil Patterson writes: I have a 58 Saratoga and a 60 Windsor. Mechanical parts
have not been much of a problem. My local Federated and NAPA stores seem to be
able to get anything mechanical I might need. Many folks have put lots of
trouble free miles on their finned Mopars, I doubt you will have any more
problems with reliablity then with any other car that happens to be 30 years
old or older. For trim, body, interior and any other parts, check Hemmings and
this mailing list. Just from watching the list, I've found most people will
have an answer to their question in 24 hours or less. Sometimes much less! You
will probably find your Forward Look Saratoga will give you a lot more
troublefree miles of service than either your Studebaker or Buick. Of course, I
may be prejudiced in this case! There is plenty of room under the hood to work
on these cars, and the only recurrent problem I have found out how hard it is
to remove the rear brake drums from the splined axles that Forward Look Mopars
use.But with a torch and a big hammer for extremely tight drums and a good
puller, this is not too bad to deal with either.