Re: [FWDLK] 57/58 Plymouth front licence plate brackets

Re: [FWDLK] 57/58 Plymouth front licence plate brackets

In a message dated 3/1/99 3:44:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, FURY@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<<  question from downunder...
 My 57 Plymouth, and many others I have seen, has license plate mounting
 brackets attached to the lower grille front valance via a locator part
 of the license bracket locating into a square hole punched into the
 sheet metal, above some round holes where the screws/bolts go through. A
 58 Plymouth I have seen, has no such square holes. There is no evidence
 of them having been filled up. Which is correct?
 Also I have seen, on another 57, stainless trim pieces, (very original
 looking), mounted at that drain trough section where the windshield
 meets the top of the front door. Does anybody else's car have these? If
 they are original, that's another item I am looking for. Anybody?
 Glenn.

Glenn
All the '57's and '58's I've seen have the little holes and brackets for the
license plates.  Maybe the lower grill without the holes is after market.
They did make alot of those.  The lower grills used to banged up on curbs and
other places that were high when you were parking your car.
I have never seen any stainless trim pieces where the stainless meets the
door.  Though it would probably be smart to put some there on original cars.
It would keep the rain water from going into the door, making it alot less
likely for it to rust out.
Talk to you soon.
John Paxos
'57 Fury