[FWDLK] 1955 Motor Life Article

Hi,
You guys sure have made me feel welcome! I've had more than a dozen e-mails from Forward Lookers just since I posted my first message.

Are you familiar with Chris Whalen's car site? URL is: http://home.earthlink.net/~rapilje
He's got a couple of articles there that I wrote back in the '50s or early '60s -- including one on the Chrysler 300F, written after I'd moved from Motor Life to Pop Science (a big step up, back then). It's in the Chrysler section just after a '54 Chrysler test by someone else. (I believe he has test reports on Ford & Pontiac tests that I did also.)

I've tried to answer all mail individually, but it seems like many of you want to hear about my experiences with '50s & '60s MoPars. So if it's alright with you, I'll just post general stuff to the list and try to send only answers to specific questions to individuals. If you get bored or think I using the list too much, just holler & I'll back off.

Just to give you more background....

I think I mentioned that I'm a born & bred Detroiter, transplanted to SoCal in 1966 to become editor of Pertersen's Wheels Afield. I've been a writer, editor & journalist for 51+ years. Got my first newspaper job in Oct. 1947 as a part-timer on the staff of The Wage Earner, appropriately enough a labor paper sponsored by the Assoc. of Catholic Trade Unionist that focussed on combatting Communist influence on auto industry unions. I was a freshman at the Univ. of Detroit at the time. I worked one summer at the Chrysler Highland Park Plant and another at the old Dodge Main Plant while in college. The Dodge job (summer of '48) was the most brutal I've ever done; tell you about that one some time.

I worked for Ford as a reporter & editor from 1951-55; Motor Life, 1955-59; Pop Science auto editor, 1959-early 60s; Kenyon & Eckhardt (Ford Corporate & Lincoln-Mercury accounts) & BBDO (Dodge, Dodge Truck & Autolite) Ad Agencies, about 1962-1966; Petersen's Wheels Afield editor, 1966-1975; 1975-77 freelance & PR for SCORE off-road racing group. So I spent 30 years involved in the auto industry in one way or another. Also, my father was a yardmaster for the old Dodge Bros. in the 20s, then yardmaster & head yardmaster at the Dodge Main Plant for 30+ years.

Ken Fermoyle Ken Fermoyle, publisher & computer columnist     Fermoyle Publications: Editorial Services, Newsletters,
Graphics Design - (818) 346-9384
"In the beginning was the Word..." And don't you forget it!            &nbs p;              ;