Re: [FWDLK] This "debate"

Whoa, pard'ners!

Whoa!

Everybody relax a little bit, eh?  A time comes when someone has to say,
"enough is enough".  Consider it said.

When you are insulted on an internet mailing list, be aware of the following:

1)  The person who insulted you may not have meant to slight you.  Email,
unlike
phone calls or face-to-face interactions, does not convey the fine nuances of

conversation like a joking tone, or a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic remark.  When
you
think you've been insulted, reread the message and look for other possible
meanings.  The reread it again.  Then reread it again.  You may see that what
you
inferred from a remark was not what you had previously thought.

2)  If you truly have been insulted, stop and think -- "What does insulting
the
person in return on the mailing list accomplish?"  Do you think it will make
you
save face?  If you do, you're wrong; it only brings you down to that person's

level.  If you've been on mailing lists as long as I have, you know that
turning the
other cheek is a sign of true maturity, and others will respect you for it.
You
never have to back down on a honest-to-goodness MoPar debate, but when
debates turn
personal, and discussions turn into attacks, no one on the list wants to read
about
it.  If you seriously need to childishly continue a name-calling session,
take it
off-list and e-mail your sticks & stones privately, please.  None of us are
interested.

I know everyone's edgy because most of us in the colder states haven't been
able to
take our MoPars out for some time now, but... let's all just play it cool on
the
list, okay?

Thanks,

-Dave Stragand