[FWDLK] clear anodizing/cleaning

Believe anodizing is an electrochemical process, where the surface of the
aluminum is 'converted' due to the chemical bath and electrical current,
giving a harder more durable surface.  I would approximate this to the normal
weathering that occurs in  raw aluminum stock over a period of years, but
thats not quite true.  The surface is much harder.
If U mean a natural aluminum color to an anodized piece of aluminum, it is
protected with a high tech (for its time) clear finish.  SUggest using a
'mild' paint remover to take it off.
Colored anodized aluminum has the converted surface impregnated with a dye,
of course the dye is clearcoated to protect it.
L.
PS  In todays finishes there are other processes and combinations to do th e
job so the above comments only apply to true anodized aluminum.