Re: [FWDLK] Bumper Boyz

Ron Waters wrote:

>     Has anyone done business with the Bumper Boyz, out of Los Angeles ?
> They advertise in Hemmings and go around to shows with rechromed bumpers
> (including some late 50s Mopar stuff).  Their prices seem OK, but do they
> triple plate, or are these just 'quickies' ?

While Jim Rawa has had positive experiences with them, I'll add my
experiences.

I have never ordered anything from them, but I always see them and stop by
during car shows.  I have seen several pieces that were indeed  nice, but
others (such as '58 Plymouth bumper wings) where holes had been badly patched
and then chromed over with obviously no thought whatsoever to the final
appearance.  Of course, even with this really bad (I mean REALLY bad)
patching, they still wanted full price...

It is my understanding that you should never buy from them EXCEPT at a show,
where you can see and inspect the finished piece before you buy (and then
just trade yours in as a core).

I haven't heard anything about long-term quality, by I have heard that they
are notoriously poor about refunds or warranty replating.

-Dave