[FWDLK] Paint Matching

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEA77B.6EA6B46C

I went to a local auto parts store, which carries PPG products.  I was armed
with paint chips from Martin Senour and Ditzler.  The counter lady called
PPG to see if they had a cross reference for the Ditzler and Martin Senour
codes.  For Tampa Turquoise, PPG has a code that crosses with the Ditzler
code, but the Bimini Blue is "obsolete."  PPG has no cross references to the
Martin Senour codes (for these colors anyway).

Then I had the lady ask PPG about the color names and vehicle
application....VOILA!....PPG told her that they have a master paint chip for
each color and could "profit" them and provide formulas depending on which
paint product I want to use.

I couldn't believe it, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how the colors
come out.

- Jason Rogers
- '55 Belvedere 4-door

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEA77B.6EA6B46C

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Paint Matching</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I went to a local auto parts store, =
which carries PPG products.&nbsp; I was armed with paint chips from =
Martin Senour and Ditzler.&nbsp; The counter lady called PPG to see if =
they had a cross reference for the Ditzler and Martin Senour =
codes.&nbsp; For Tampa Turquoise, PPG has a code that crosses with the =
Ditzler code, but the Bimini Blue is &quot;obsolete.&quot;&nbsp; PPG =
has no cross references to the Martin Senour codes (for these colors =
anyway).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Then I had the lady ask PPG about the =
color names and vehicle application....VOILA!....PPG told her that they =
have a master paint chip for each color and could &quot;profit&quot; =
them and provide formulas depending on which paint product I want to =
use.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I couldn't believe it, but I guess =
I'll have to wait and see how the colors come out.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- Jason Rogers</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- '55 Belvedere 4-door</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------ =_NextPart_001_01BEA77B.6EA6B46C--