Re: [FWDLK] Drive DeSoto

In Article <01BD75BA.A94AA450@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<desoto@xxxxxxx> (INTERNET) wrote:

> My 60 also has the 383. The guy I bought it from put a 4 bbl intake &
>  from a 69 440. I would drive it more often but the gas costs would be
> .I agree the 4 dr hdtps of that era are sharp looking.

Don't worry about North America's gas prices. It's cheap!! The gas costs
much more in Europe. Here in Finland it costs about $3.60 USD/US gallon.
Be happy. That includes 75% taxes in its price...

IMHO 2-Dr. Hdtps are much sharper looking than 4-Drs.

Anyway, anybody knows how can I produce look-a-like dash pad for my 1961
DeSoto?? The original one has vanished a long time ago.

Mopar guru Galen Govier said, that when searching the history of known car,
one might try the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state capitol. Some
states keep real good records - others not so good. States that keep DMV
records back to 1965 or earlier are: Iowa, Montana, North Dakota...etc.
My '61 2-Dr. Ht. was originally sold in Havre Motors, Inc., Havre, MT and
it stayed in Montana through 1986, when the last owner there was Mr. Wilson
and I have a title for the car. How can I find the address of Montana's
Department of Motor Vehicles?

                        Mark
                        Finland