Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler/LEXUS/Jeep!!!

Hi Josh:  You are 1000 % right on about the 300 'M'.  A real
disappointment.  Have had 3 Chrysler 300's since 1973, presently
have a '60 300 F convert.  My position is that Dodge has the
Viper and the Venom(?) and Plymouth has the Prowler why
the hell couldn't they do something similar for the 300 instead of
a look alike 4 door JOKE.  I told this to a factory 'rep' in
Phoenix at the Chrysler display at the Barret Jackson auction.
He gave me a blank stare and started to walk away, then I asked
him why they wanted 3 or 4 real 300's for display.  He walked
even faster.  One member in the 300 club living in Florida had
ordered a 300M sight unseen, when he saw it on display in
Phoenix he called the dealer in Florida and cancelled.
Of course we are 'older' car nuts and know what real 300's, Furys,
D500's, Adventurers etc. are.  They figure the 'younger' guys/gals
won't know the difference.  Threat to Lexus, NO WAY!!!!!!
I have given thought to getting a 'used/leased' Lexus a few years
old when I buy a family type driver, certainly not a 300M!!  that is
when our '88 5th Avenue with 80,000 on it quits.  Don't see that
happening for a long time.  Nuff said.---Gerry..  60 300F convert, 2 66
Dodge Chargers, 68 Imperial convert and 69 300 convert. and 61 Newport
4 door HARDTOP wagon project.  Aloha......

On Wed, 6 May 1998 02:20:49 EDT PlymouthV8 <PlymouthV8@xxxxxxx> writes:
>In a message dated 5/5/98 9:12:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< I wish they would have waited for a 300hp powerplant and put it in
> awesome 2-door bodystyle. (Something to go after Lexus SC buyers)  >>
>
> HAHAHAHA..... Lexus buyers buyers spend thier dollars on a Chrysler
>instead... No way.... The main draw of Lexus is that it is a Japanese
>car,
>with Japanese quality with Japanese reliability... I could just see it
>now..
>Going in with a bad water pump on my Lexus verse the Chrysler...
>Customer
>Service from Chrysler? Have you ever been to a Lexus dealership?
>Anyways I LOVE Chrysler, but really, Chrysler poses NO threat to
>Lexus...
>Maybe Toyota or Honda but not Lexus.
> I do however think it a shame to even consider taking such a proud
>name <300
>series> and making a four door.... But hey... They are an American
>Auto
>Manufacturer.... They have done this kinda stuff for years... Its
>kinda like
>them showing 1940 Jeeps and 1960s Jeeps in thier ad campains... How
>sick..
>Rape a small company like AMC, kill all its models and accept full
>credit for
>AMC and Willys/Overland's accomplishments... The 300 Four door seems
>just like
>"THE NEW CHRYSLER!!!"
>Josh <PlymouthV8@xxxxxxx>
> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/acker75/plymouth.htm";>1955 Plymouth
>Page</A>

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]