[FWDLK] Recommended Vendors .. was Re: [FWDLK] Mitchell Auto Parts

At 09:51 AM 6/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> Sometimes you HAVE to have a part and Mitchell's is the only source.
>
>I don't believe that Mitchell's is ever the only source, just the most
>visible source for some items.  If you must have NOS, you are severely
>limiting your options of course, but if good used parts will work, there
>are hundreds (thousands?) of sources.  I can think of three right off in
>the Denver, CO area who have many '55-'61 cars and parts.
>
>Would there be any interest in compiling a list of recommended vendors
>for new, used and NOS parts?  I'd be willing to allocate some space on my
>web pages.  Perhaps a good junkyard guide with address, phone and
>comments?

Over the years, I've had to track down some pretty oddball parts, and I
don't think there's ever a case of ONLY ONE vendor who will have what you
need.  You may have to search for a LOOOOONG time, but enough effort will
usually produce results.

As far as a list of vendors, I'm also in the Imperial Mailing List, and the
web pages for that club has an extensive listing of vendors, including
feedback from club members, at
http://www.imperialclub.com/TipsAndResources/PartsSources/index.htm.  None
of those vendors are Imperial-only, and many would likely have parts useful
to members of this list.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

  *******                 Elijah Scott                 *******
  *****       Georgia College and State University       *****
  ****         Information Organization Librarian         ****
  **                  escott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  **
  **        http://Peacock.GAC.PeachNet.EDU/~elijah         **
  **   http://Peacock.GAC.PeachNet.EDU/~elijah/imperial/    **
  **    "I May Not Be Much, But I'm All I Think About."     **