[FWDLK] Woodward Cruise

The 4th Annual Woodward Cruise was conducted this past weekend.  Actually,
cruising began last Tuesday. The number of cars and observers increased each
night.  Saturday afternoon crowds exceeded 1,000,000, with a reported 30,000
vintage cars on display or "cruising".

The Forward Look was represented thru "quality" rather than quantity. I did
manage to talk to Dale Frahm who was cruising in a 57 Fury convertible. Saw
several Belvederes and a Mayfair or two. Most of the Chrysler letter series
cars were also spotted.

A major focus of the Woodward Cruise is horsepower. The 60's and early 70's
Mopars were well represented. There is almost nothing like a Max Wedge Dodge
idleing at a traffic light. The crowd was almost always sucessfull in
encouraging the driver to demostrate first gear. It was especially exciting
when a big Dodge was joined by a 440 GTX and a Hemi Road Runner. The GTO
demurred and turned right.  Just like they did in 1966. I am still smiling.
The only difference today is that the drivers are a little grayer.

I did manage to meet Galen Govier. He was crusing in a beautiful  Belvedere
426 Hemi. I sure hope the car was "correct".

If you enjoy cruising and people who love cars, put the Woodward Dream Cruise
on your calendar for next August.

Bill
58 Fury