Re: [FWDLK] Heres a strange one.

Hi:  Corvettes were famous for having the same type of problem!
I perosnally help worked on 2 that were grounded through the speedo
cable housing.  Even newer cars with plastic dashes need extra
ground wires, even my 78 dodge D300 truck.to make gauges be
more accurate....Gerry......

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 03:47:04 -0700 "Todd St.Clair" <tstclr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>A good friend of mine had the transmission fail on his 93 Dodge Ram
>van. This
> isn't the first time. Back in March it grenaded all over the highway.
>This time
> trans fluid was pouring out from the bell housing. Back to the trans
>shop for
> repairs. The convertor was toast as was the front pump.  The cause? A
>bad body
> ground! How? Well, it seems the ground strap was broken and the
>transmission
> was being used as a ground. A front pump bushing revealed a bunch of
>arcing
> marks. Eventually the bushing failed and you know the rest of the
>story. The
> first rebuild was $2800 (the overdrive got toasted), this time it was
>"only"
> $850. At first I didn't believe it until our shop forman told me
>about how
> early Pontiac Leman's did the same thing. The fix was adding extra
>ground
> straps.
>           Todd
>

>Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere!
>http://www.mailexcite.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]