[FWDLK] Overdrive for '55-'56 Plymouth

Years ago (1989) I bought a used overdrive tranny from an older gentleman.
Neither one of us knew where it came from, but thought it would fit my '55.
Due to the casting date on the case (10-31-56), I figured it was from a '57
Plymouth or something.  No problem, it should fit easily....

Fast forward to this past weekend...10 years later.  I finally decided to
remove the standard tranny from my '55 to compare it to my overdrive.  I was
expecting the '55-'56 Plymouth O/D tranny to have the same length as the
standard tranny (since the parts book does not specify a different propeller
shaft for O/D vs. std.).  Well, there is not a similarity between the O/D
tranny I have and my '55's standard tranny.  The O/D I have is ~9 inches
longer (tip of input shaft to rear face of parking brake), the hole pattern
is different, and the shift linkage on the side of the tranny is different.
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!  (Yes, a prudent person would look for the correct p/n
when shopping for a tranny, but I didn't have such information until I
received my parts book about a week ago....and I was rather naive 10 years
ago anyway....LOL)

To sum it up, is there anyone out there who has the proper (and functional)
O/D tranny for a '55-'56 Plymouth...or has a good lead?

Is anyone interested in the O/D tranny I have?  The number on the case, cast
above the casting date (10-31-56), is 91681.  The O/D unit itself has the
numbers "R10J-1" and "WG DIV."

I'd like to get my car roadable ASAP (preferably with an O/D, but if I have
to, I'll reinstall my standard tranny) as I'm planning to take it on a long
trip in early August.  Also, FYI, my car is 12V.

Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere Sedan