[FWDLK] blasting the engine

Hi everyone,

Anyone out there risked blasting their engine to get the 95+ pt finish?

The engine on my 413 is totally disassembled with the exception of the
camshaft bearing shells which I have not decided, yet, whether to replace
(22000 miles).  If I blast the engine then they will be replaced.  It is
getting new piston rings, big-end bearings, main bearings, etc.

I want to blast the engine in order to get a good surface to powder coat the
block and heads outer surfaces.  Due to the HIGH RISKS of motor blasting I
am thinking that plastic beads would be the best media to use.  Does anyone
have any experiences with this?  Anyone recommend a different media?

The engine will then be assembled after powder coating.

A 1960 413 is black.  Should it be matte, semi-gloss or full gloss?

Already did the rocker covers in gloss black - too late if semi was correct!
All the of the pulley wheels, fan, vacuum tanks and brackets have also been
done.

Thanx - Richard.