[FWDLK] low mileage

One reason why you see a lot of low mileage FWLK cars is because.......
My step-father
bought a '60 Polara in 1960 with 8-9,000 miles on it. By 1967 the car
was soooo out of
style you couldn't hardly give them away. He tried to trade it in on a
'67 Dart GT but
I think that they would only give him $300? with only 57,000 miles on
it. So he just parked
it because it was still in such good condition. About 1970 I cranked it
up again and drove
it around with a big Peace Sign type American flag that almost covered
both doors. It
became a hippie-mobile. After about 2 years it was parked again in a
carport. and sat there
another 10 yrs. until the house was sold and it was moved to a
pasture.There it sat (about
another 12 yrs. Needless to say, it went down hill real fast. He finally
gave it to me when
the field was sold and I dragged it 120 miles and started the resto.2
yrs. ago. It was borderline
restorable but it is a rare old fine car and the first car that I ever
drove so I'm bring it
back to life. It has 61,000 "actual miles" that look like 610,000.
Remember that FWLK
cars were once thought to be UGLY and still are by some.
Deane