[FWDLK] Original Miles

Heres the story of my 55 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr cl cp.
   The boy I bought it from bought it from a used car dealer in York, Pa,
Hess Auto Sales in 5-5-83 and it had 21,300 miles on it according to the
paper work that they did at the time.  It was to have belonged to an old
school teacher there.  The car had been wrecked on the drivers side some
time in its life and a used fender put on and a used head lite trim piece.
When I got the car, there was some rust in the tip of the fender above the
lite--the usual place where dirt gets and rots metal of this drivers side
fender.  The original fender on the passengers side, had no rust at all in
this place and the head lite trim was  and is still in excellent shape.  I'm
still using the same gas and brake pedals and they are in verry good shape,
no worn out spaces.  I got the car in Jan 2, 1989,  after it sat for a few
years,while the boy was in the Navy.  He got it to drive while in High
School.  He probably drove it about 3 years and then whent in the Navy for
another 3 years.  Not too sure on when he went in and got out, but he did
put 15,800 miles on it since he got it.  So in about 3 years time he drove
it about 5266 miles a year.  I now have 49,000 miles on it and drove it
11,900 miles in the 10 years for an average of 1190 per year.  I think one
year I put on about 2000 miles and the 1st year I had it, it was under going
restoration and didn't go anyplace except to the body shop.  I do believe
the milage to be original.  The engine was rebuild in 1995 and bored out
.030.  Maybe that is standard to do it if there is some wear. I don't know.
The under carrage--belly-- was still showing paint and in great shape except
for being dirty and in some spots surface rust.  The frame was in ecellent
shape.  The gas tank was in excellent shape.  The rockers and just behind
the doors before the rear wheel wells had some rust thru and was welded back
to shape and rockers replaced.   The floor boards were in excellent shape
too when I took the carpet out--just like new.  Any way that is the story of
the milage on my car.  I suppose it can be refuted, but it don't make any
difference.  That is what the odometer shows, and it it is not the right
milage, it really don't matter cause nobody would really know what it is any
way.
   Thanks for letting me take the time with this and I hope I didn't bore
any one with it

Jack    55 Plymouth Belvedere--On the Forward Look May Calender