[FWDLK] 2 pennies

I am enjoying the talk of Bias/Radial and pro and cons
of each but one thing that seems to keep popping up
and that is which to use for hi speed and all that
stuff.
   Some of the old timers (50 or so) will remember when
if you wanted to go over 70 you where told to replace your
radial and  put on bias because the radials wouldn't hold
up for long at speeds in excess of 75mph.
   Thats all in the past now new radials have speed/traction/
weight ratings and you can get radial rated for 195mph (pricey
but available) and bias belted tires are mostly regulated to
restorations and I wouldn't (personally) trust them over 55/60 mph
and if they were NOS not over 35/40 but that is just me. AS for
looks thats a matter of preference for the individual also, lets
face it, as was stated our cars where considered some of the ugliest
cars on the road by many people, we on the other hand love them and
spend money on them, so lets please us. The us being the individual
who owns the rig, if he/she likes radials, bless im< if he/she likes bias,
bless um.
Jim