[FWDLK] 55 Plymouth part 3

Hopefully the story will end soon and I will be driving her down the road.
I took it off the stands tonight and took it down the drive way.  The brakes
seemed to work just fine--not pulling either way, just stoping.  I went up
the road and so far so good.  Then I went down our long drive and OK so far.
I got on the black top and after I warmed the brakes up a little, they
started pulling real bad to the left and squeeling real bad-- more than
before.  Even had my neighbor in there giving his opinion.  I could use a
lot of opinions by this time.  So back to the garage I went.  I backed her
in and put it on the stands again.  Pulled both front wheels again and
looked at the passengers side.  This side looked just fine and seemed to
have had contact with the drum well.  The drivers side, looked real
bad---wet with some fluid --not brake fluid and the drum had a lot of skid
marks in it.  Well the other day, I happened to find a new set of shoes I
didn't even remember I bought, so I went and got them out and put the set on
the drivers side, cleaned the drum  and went for a spin.  This time all
worked out well and the car didn't pull to the left just stopped evenly,
even when I spiked it.  I think the solution is solved.  Moral of this
story--we can be our cars own worst enemy.  I caused the problem, but didn't
know it.  And this has been going on many years.  Somewhere along the line
the shoes were washed with Naptha and I just cleaned them up with Naptha
again on Saturday.   This has to be the wrong thing to do.  As the shoes got
hot, the Naptha and what ever else might have been in the shoes would boil
out and get on the surface of the lining and just grab the ol drum to death
and create the problem I had.  So I'll admit I made the mistake, but didn't
know it till tonight.  I did know that the shoes should be greese  and brake
fluid free, but don't clean them with Naptha.  Is there a way to clean the
shoes--maybe with Brakeclean otr some other solution?  I tell on my self so
that some one may not make the mistake I did.  Hopefully  I'll get it
inspected later this week if I can and start driving it.
Jack   55 Plymouth Belvedere