[FWDLK] Old trannies

Hello Forward Lookers, I would like to pass along a description of the
amazing performance of my three speed manual transmission with overdrive.
First let me remind or inform you that I have the build card and my vehicle
is original and correct. Now, my 56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Coupe has a
2(Two) Four Barrel Super Stock Hemi engine which is coupled to the 3 speed
w/overdrive. This tranny in addtion to the normal three speed allows me to
engage an overdrive gear by a lever (which pulls a cable) And therefore will
engage a upshift from direct gear to overdrive by accelerating and then
momentarily lifting the accelerator, this can be used in all three gears.
However if you start out in first and routinely shift to second the lower
ratio is maintained till a deliberate lifting of the throttle is performed.
This allows six forward gears to be selected. Here's were it gets good.
A"kickdown" from overdrive to the direct in any gear is possible by fully
depressing the accelerator pedal which by momentarily shorting out the
ignition allows the OD solenoid to reengage direct gear, scary huh. Works
like a charm. Well, now if your following along that's wide open throttle on
a racing Hemi. Let me tell you that this combination was not even dreamed of
when this transmission was designed. The result is a truly beautiful thing,
you drive away from a stop and go from 1st to 2nd then ease up on the
throttle and engage OD you car is in a gear very close to a normal final
drive ratio your engine smoothly hums a car pulls along side you look over
its a F*#@ or a C#&>y (of course) and the driver looks at you and says wow
nice car are you going to restore it, you know he's only being nice cause hey
its only an old Dodge!  he squeezes the gas into his mouse motor a couple of
times he thinks hey maybe your a little jealous of his eager little ponies,
you just smile and hit that kickdown. Beethoven could not have wrote a
sweeter symphony than the notes emanating from the dual pipes of this machine
in full song and to the C#&^y guy its a beautiful tragedy unfolding before
his ears, he's no match for whatever that was and the notes disappear in the
distance, sorry, kinda got alittle misty there. There really is no
description that can truly covey the joy of such a ride and the options this
transmission offers-whatever happened to it? Tim