Re: [FWDLK] Cars At The Museum - What's in a Name??

PlymouthV8@xxxxxxx wrote:

>   If you notice the list has incorporated Chryslers famous "Selective
> History" ...

Hey gang,

Do you realize how many "foreign" parts are in our finned
babies? Ford, GM and many others supplied parts to Chrysler
as Chrysler did to the other car mfrs. and still does.  When
a marque has established itself in our culture, such as
Plymouth, we tend to get emotional about it and rather act
somewhat adolescently about defending its integrity!!
Unfortunately, there are not enough car buyers out there
that agree which is why the nameplate is doomed. The market
speaks in dollars and cents.

In fact, the museum is doing a good thing by putting the
other makes on display for future generations to see and
learn about. I doubt if you will ever hear a D-M exec take
credit for an AMC, Hudson or Nash creation. But D-M does own
the rights to those names and can do what they wish with
them.

M-B has a terrific museum of their own in Germany and you
should see it. I don't think you have to worry about moving
M-B cars into Auburn Hills until there are some jointly
developed vehicles with their name on them - with Chrysler
content! That probably won't happen until the mid 2000s
though from an historical point of view.

Brian
57 Dodge D500s