Re: [FWDLK] MTBE In Your Fuel

10-10-99

Dear Mike,

        I believe that by Federal law, all
gasoline pumps from which MTBE laced
gasoline is dispensed, must have a label on them
indicating so. However,
gasohol is no darling either. Gasohol will loosen
old sludge deposits
from your vehicle's gas tank, like MTBE, and also
will cause
deterioration of aluminum components in your
vehicle's fuel system, plus
I am reasonably certain it does not mix well with
the compounds used in
the rubber connections employed on older vehicles.
So, even if you gas
is MTBE free, you're still not safe.
        Oh, you could also try calling your State
Department Of Environmental Persecution, I mean Protection, and ask them
if the gasoline in your area contains MTBE. Then if it does, write your
Congressperson a.s.a.p. about supporting HR-1750, the bill intended to
rid us of the scourge known as MTBE.

                                        Ben
                                        Ben