[FWDLK] 6 Volt Translation?

Hey folks,
Friend in same town here has '55 Plymouth - unfortunately, not a PC owner,
so can't get him on the list, but reads my stuff.

He has 6-Volt question, I can't answer - he just bought a new coil for his
Plym, and it has the usual two terminals labeled + & -; problem is his old
coil says Bat & Dist.  So he asks me what equals what?  Being a 12 volt guy,
and limited to originality by rote, how does that translate for him.  He
says his car is 6 Volt, positive ground, so does that mean Bat is +?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jack Lewis
GFS-'56 Fury (12V, Negative ground)