Re: [FWDLK] Mopar Mailboxes

Good idea, Nick! I had a similar idea with my 51 Plymouth parts car. I bought
this car off the back of a flatbed on the way to the crusher for driveline
parts, so it's not like I am cutting up a cherry original. I am also planning to
buy a torch and various other welding supplies so I can get into projects like
this and replacing the trunk floor in my 58 Saratoga. Anyway, I had planned to
cut down both fenders, splitting them in the middle where the headlight goes,
then welding both halves together. Then I will take the one remaining 51
Plymouth headlight assembly I have, hinge it and use it for the mailbox door.
While I am at it, the bent piece of chrome fender trim I have left will be
shortened and a pivot put on it to use for the mailbox flag. If nothing else, it
will be good welding practice, just hope the mailman doesn't run over this one
like he has my last two boxes,lol! If nothing else, if he hits this one, it will
leave a dent in his Jeep.