[FWDLK] [Fwd: 59 carb]

bulletTo: rhoward@isomedia.com
  • Subject: 59 carb
  • From: John Bartell <jrbartell@tds.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:47:25 -0600
  • Hi all,
            I haven't found the number perfect AFB yet, but I purchased an AFB
    #2797S for $50. I put it on the 361 today, along with new plugs, oil
    change, antifreeze, points, rotor, condenser, cap, wires, battery
    cables, and battery...fixed a few fried wires, new used ign. switch,
    added gas via a tube in a gas can ( instead of sucking old varnish out
    of the tank ) and walah!!!! She roared to life in just a few rotations!
    This car sat for over 10 years in a woods.
            Now I can remove the engine and tranny and get on with removing the
    body.
            I received a call tonight from a gentleman in Kentucky, Charlie
    Johnson.  Mr. Johnson called about the 59 Ply Fury he has for sale.
    This is a 4 dr. sedan, 318 Torqueflite, PS, PB, with only 15,000
    original miles. He said he spent around $13,000 having everything gone
    through. ???!!! He did not have it painted, and did not remove the
    original tires.  He is the second owner.  He is asking $7,500.
    He will be sending me photos, I will pass them on if someone else is
    interested.  I am not interested in a 4 dr at this time.
            Remember, "Farming is everybody's bread and butter"
            John in WI