[FWDLK] part numbers

A friend that I met at a swapmeet told me a way to decipher chrysler part
numbers that will get you close to the correct year that the part was first
used. take the first two digets of the part number and add 41 to it and
that is the year it was introduced. seems to work on the ones i tried.
anyone else have a system? later, Jim
57-8 ply's
34 & 97 dodge trucks